- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped (I prefer using breast fillets)
- 2 slices prosciutto or bacon, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed, halved diagonally
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed, quartered
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Heat oil and butter in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add prosciutto (or bacon) and leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add flour. Stir for 1 minute.
Step 2 – Add stock and cream. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Line a casserole dish with shortcrust pastry. Trim excess. Fill dish with chicken mixture. Brush edges of pastry with egg. Top with puff pastry. Trim excess. Press down edges with a fork to seal. Brush with egg. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve and enjoy.