Innovation Campus, Squires Way, North Wollongong
18 – 25 September 2022
Q. How do I access the campus?
- The only access to the campus between 18 – 25 September will be via Montague Street.
- Access via Montague street and Cowper street to the northern end of the campus (Kids Uni end) will still be open.
- Elliots road will be closed across the week at various times with no through access, except to locals.
- A detailed day by day map is located on this website for more information: https://wollongong2022.com.au/resident-information-road-closures/
Q. I am a UCI volunteer/staff, where do I park?
- Please follow all directions from the traffic management team.
- UCI volunteers will be directed to park in either the P5 car park, or the grassed area next to iAccelerate.
Q. I am a UOW staff member, where do I park?
- Depending on the day of the week and the time of the day, you can still park in P5 if there are spaces.
- If the staff car park is full, please park in P1 and email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4221 5115 and the Commercial Developments team will issue you with an exit pass for the P1 car park that day.
Q. I have an appointment I can’t miss in E1/Central, where can I park?
- The P1 public car park is open and available for all visitors to the campus. If this car park is full, it will be the responsibility of the visitor to find appropriate street parking near the campus as would normally be the case.
Q. Is parking free for the week?
- No, parking in the P1 public car park will still incur the usual costs as is normally expected. Parking is free on the campus on the weekends and after 5pm.
SERVICES ON CAMPUS
Q. What services will be available on campus during the week? Do I still contact ic-admin?
- The campus will still be open and operational during the week. Piccolo me will be running as usual as the café on campus.
- email@example.com will still be your first point of contact for all IC enquiries.
- UOW Security will be on site for any issues such as lift breakdowns, access requirements, traffic management and urgent requests.
Q. Are food outlets open on campus?
- Piccolo me will be running as usual as the café on campus.
- There will be a food truck located on campus daily for use of UCI volunteers and staff only.
- There will also be a Rotary BBQ on Tuesday 20th that is exclusively for UCI.
Q. Will food delivery services (uber eats etc.) still be able to access the campus?
- Yes, there will always be access to the campus for delivery services, however, it would be assumed there will be a delay in delivery at certain peak times across the campus.
Q. I need an access card created during the week of the event?
- Access cards can still be created and collected from either the Commercial Development Unit or SmartSpace reception during the week.
Q. Are the buildings remaining open during the week?
- Yes, buildings will still remain open unless directed otherwise by individual departments.
Q. Will the public buses still be running to and from Innovation Campus over the week?
- Yes. The 56 Blue Shuttle (loop) that normally stops on Squires Way will run through Innovation Way for the week of the event, with a stop at the Campus East accommodation.
Q. How do I get to campus by public transport?
- There will still be buses running to campus and increased trains on the South Coast train line stopping at Fairy Meadow station.
Q. I am a volunteer/staff and I’m lost. Where do I go to sign in?
- All volunteers are to head to Level 2 of the Central building in the Ocean room.